1. The two main types of desalination are thermal and reverse osmosis.
2. The oldest form of desalination is reverse osmosis.
3. Brine has less salt than seawater.
4. Overall, seawater desalination plants are producing more brine than fresh water.
5. Seawater desalination alone will not meet the rising demands for drinkable water.
6. According to this article, what is desalination?
7. What word is closest in meaning to improbability?
8. When and where was the reverse osmosis desalination method developed?
9. What word is the opposite in meaning to deficit?
10. According to the author, what should be part of our educational curriculum?
11. How much water on Earth is drinkable?
12. It is projected that by 2050, ______ of our global population will be living in water scarce areas. (Fill in the blank with the correct answer).
13. How many gallons of water per day does the average person in the United States use?
14. What word is closest in meaning to viable?
15. What are the two main environmental impacts of seawater desalination? Select all that apply.